Tuesday, May 14, 2013

TT Fit Progression

I got a new helmet today (found a great deal that I couldn't turn down) and since it was too windy to field test it, I decided to take a couple indoor shots to see how it looked.  I then went back and looked out of curiosity at some of my older fit photos.  Wow, there has been a bit of progression, it is no wonder I'm faster now.  In all of them you can see that my basement is a kid playground.

Feb 2011

This was the first set of shots I took after getting my Slice.  My seat is WAY too high partly because I was scared to cut the seat post and it wouldn't go in any further.
I then got a little bit of feedback to lower the seat and the front end a bit and for some reason decided I needed to take the shot from the other side.

September, 2011

I ended up making some more changes to get lower in front.  This looks notably better to my eye.
 This shot shows the previous and new positions overlayed.  You can see how much lower I've gotten. I'm also on my Adamo.

May 2012

For the 2012 Columbia Triathlon, I had just seen DZ in the Tour of California TT using a stacked hands position and decided to give that a try.

 June 2012

Here's an actual road shot in more or less the same position as the May one indoor.  The one difference is that I have a different set of aerobars (Easton Attacks).

May 2013

In August last year I had a pretty bad crash on my TT bike where I was using the stacked hand position and think that it contributed to the crash.  I thus decided to modify my position a bit so that I would have similar angles, but a more solid (and hopefully safe) grip.  I used this position last October in the Half Full triathlon, but don't have any pictures.  So here is the new helmet, along with a sweet new kit from my new team, Adventures for the Cure.
For comparison, here is the same position with the old helmet.
And just for kicks, the same position with a regular road helmet.

Extreme Makeover?

 Just to make the point clear, here are back to back pictures showing start to end.
Oh, and just in case you were worried, I've got some sweet new race wheels for this weekend too.  But we'll have to wait for the next blog post for shots of those.


No comments:

Post a Comment