Monday, May 23, 2011

Intro

I enjoy doing triathlon's.  Except that I don't run.  Seems kinda weird, but
I've been doing it for a few years now.  I guess that requires some explanation.
I had back surgery for the first time when I was about 21 after spending a good
part of a year with debilitating pain (sciatica, etc).  A few years later I had to
have the same surgery revised after more months of debilitating pain.  At that
point my doc strongly suggested giving up sports that put a lot of impact on
your back.  In other words no running.  But I could bike and swim, so I did
that for fun.  One year some friends of mine stayed at our house to do the
Columbia triathlon.  They were doing it as a relay.  I thought really, you can
do that.  I swim and bike the distance they were doing regularly, it would be
fun to do.  So I signed up for Columbia with my sister as my pinch runner
and had a good time.  That was quite a few years back (6 or 7?) and quite
a few kids less.  Since then I've done a couple a year (with a few years off
when we had a higher baby load).  This year I've gotten a bit more serious...

No comments:

Post a Comment